- We launched our new HSE Strategy that ensures a proactive approach to changing behaviour by anticipating accidents before they happen
- We are making leadership more accountable and our employees more responsible. For example, a set of Life Saving Rules has been put in place, including full compliance with the Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) requirement when working on powered / energised systems
- 22% the reduction in our Lost Time Accident Frequency Rate (LTAFR) FROM 2016 TO 2017. In 2017 we recorded a LTAFR of 5.21 – just 0.21 short of our 2020 target of five. As a result we have set our ambition higher and are now determined to achieve a LTAFR of two by 2020.
QHSE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Knauf Insulation follows the important International Management Standards. We are certified by one of the leading conformity assessment organisations, TÜV NORD.
Knauf Insulation’s management system is based on the continual improvement framework outlined in:
- OHSAS18001 (Health and Safety Management) for all our Europe, US, Russia and CIS Plants.
- ISO 14001 (Environmental Management) for all our Europe, US, Russia and CIS Plants.
- ISO 50001 (Energy Management) for all our Europe, US, Russia and CIS Plants.
- ISO 9001 (Quality Management) for all our Europe, US, Russia and CIS Plants.
Spotlight on St Helens
This journey of Continuous Improvement (CI) began four years ago. Traditionally in manufacturing, health and safety was just another task on top of an already intense schedule. At St Helens, health and safety has become ingrained in day-to-day life. Today there are no health and safety inspections – only manufacturing audits that have integrated safety at every level.
World Safety Day initiatives
In 2018, we celebrated World Safety Day in all our plants, an international annual event designed to generate awareness about reducing work-related injuries. Read more here in our article from our latest Annual Review: