A French house in Bois D'Amont with Knauf Insulation Glass Mineral Wool KI Fit 035 and KI Fit 032 for pitched roofs (145 m²) and walls (90 m²) to meet the necessary thermal resistance for the certification. This is the first Passivhaus-certified house in Franche comté in France.
Bole-Richard Constructions Bois, a wood-frame house builder, chose our ECOSE® Technology Glass Mineral Wool for this project. Associated with external insulation in dense wood fiber, they have installed the following:
• 240 mm of KI Fit 035 Glass Mineral Wool insulation in wood-frame walls
• Interior insulation with KI Fit 032 Glass Mineral Wool of 60 mm,
• Roofing, with 240 mm of KI Fit 035 Glass Mineral Wool between rafters and 100 mm under rafters.
The result is an excellent thermal insulation performance of 0.113 W / m2.K and 0.096 W / m2.K.
These products have contributed to meet the 4 criteria of the Passivhaus label and get certified with the level of performance of the category "Passive Building Classic":
• Heating requirement = 8kWh / (m2a)
• Primary energy requirement = 68 kWh / (m2a)
• air tightness N50 = 0.4 vol / h
• the overheating frequency = 4%