- To use at least 50% less energy than similar facilities.
- To operate at levels of thermal efficiency exceeding the requirements of the New Zealand Building Code.
- To be the most sustainable tourism accommodation facility in New Zealand by following the Living Building Challenge of obtaining ‘zero energy building’ certification.
- Jet Stream® MAX R5.3 in the walls and R6.5 in the ceilings.
- The use of Jet Stream® MAX ensured compliance with the Living Building Challenge certification.
- Jet Stream® MAX was the ideal solution to fill the deep wall cavities whilst providing a high thermal performance.
“We used the Knauf Jet Stream® MAX product on the Camp Glenorchy Commons Building as it enabled us to achieve the required high level of thermal performance in the largest structure on site whilst keeping wall thickness to a minimum. This contributes to our aim in achieving LBC Zero Energy certification for the project.”
Tricia Love, Sustainability and LBC consultant, Tricia Love Consultants Ltd