“As we have seen at Amare, the challenges of a theatre are extraordinary and often it can take years to fine tune,” says Maro. “That is why it is better to use a system provider who can be involved at every stage of the process, from designing the acoustic systems and offering the technical support in line with the architects and artistic team to providing and installing the solutions.”
• Knauf Insulation has sound solutions to improve acoustic performance in every type of theatre and all the expertise you need to make an informed choice.
• Our DRS Sound Supreme Board has been specially developed for the insulation core of wooden doors and is popular with venues as well as acoustically demanding hotels.
• Our Rock Mineral Wool is often used as the core of sandwich panels in partition walls and roof elements due to its excellent sound insulation properties.
• Our Glass Mineral Wool is lightweight, easily installed and provides outstanding thermal insulation as well as exceptional acoustic performance.
• Our Heraklith Wood Wool sound insulation is attractive, easy to install and made from sustainable natural materials. It is particularly popular with theatres and other venues because the uneven wood surface diffuses sound equally rather than bouncing sound back like a mirror reflection. This type of surface avoids the classic acoustic problem of just exposing limited audience members to sound.
• Our SUPAFIL® Blowing Wool is ideal for new buildings, renovation and for prefabricated buildings with a range of applications for cavity walls.