It is not enough to set long-term goals. It is essential to show how they will be delivered. And when. Here are our goals, commitments and targets.
PUT PEOPLE FIRST
Ensure our communities and people thrive. Safely.
- We are committed to zero harm and building a culture of health, safety and well-being.
- We will have the most engaged employees and committed and focused leaders in our industry.
- We will build on the diversity that has made the company such a success.
- We will be a positive force in the communities where we work.
ACHIEVE ZERO CARBON
Minimise the impact of our products and plants.
- We will aim to deliver net zero embodied carbon products and solutions.
- We are committed to reduce the environmental footprint of the entire organisation beyond embodied carbon.
DELIVER A CIRCULAR ECONOMY
Do more with less.
- We will find ways to use resources that have minimal environmental impact.
- We will send zero waste to landfill.
- We will reduce the environmental impact of our packaging.
CREATE BETTER BUILDINGS
Make buildings fit for the future.
- We will continue to innovate and create new eco-friendly solutions.
- We will continue to campaign for efficient, safer, sustainable buildings that are fit for the future, including our own.
HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR 2025 TARGETS
We have set ourselves milestone sustainability targets for 2025. This landmark year keeps our strategy on track and ensures we take ownership of achieving our targets, rather than leaving them to the next generation. Our key targets are below. For further details explore here.
Why do we need to be sustainable?
• People: now more than ever, we realise the importance of keeping people safe and healthy, being a company where everyone can thrive and be their best selves no matter what their difference, helping our customers achieve their sustainable ambitions and building on our community successes. When we care about our colleagues, customers and communities, we all succeed.
• Planet: world resources are finite, we produce more waste than ever and there is an urgent need to decarbonise our economies. We can all do more with less and find new ways to shrink our carbon footprint.
• Profit: selling more insulation to make buildings energy efficient and reduce their carbon footprint helps everyone thrive. Saving energy, saves money. Cutting waste, reduces landfill costs. Cutting carbon, reduces the price we pay for emissions. It is essential that any post-pandemic economic recovery is driven by decarbonisation and a commitment to lower our environmental impact. We need to build back better in every respect.
An important 2025 target is to make available core diversity and inclusion (D&I) training for our colleagues. Diversity takes careful nurturing and we realise that we need to implement conscious and deliberate strategies that bring diversity to life. We have made a commitment to work with a group of colleagues from across the business to co-create a D&I programme based on individual and collective experiences. We want to encourage everyone to take off their lenses – because if you take off your lens to understand another perspective that allows more inclusion and it helps us identify where we need to focus.
OUR COMMITMENT TO THE UN’S SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
Our sustainability strategy is aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) adopted by the United Nations. These goals set specific targets for 2030 and are described by the UN as the “world’s best plan to build a better world for people and our planet by 2030”. Knauf Insulation is also a signatory of the UN Global Compact which is a public commitment to operate in line with UN SDGs, ensure sustainability is at the heart of our DNA and report annually to the UN on company progress.