Automation Engineer (m/f)
The Automation Engineer will be introduced in the RMW software technology by the Engineering Manager for Automation.
Goal is to learn the logic of control for a RMW line resp. plant. He will define together control packages, scopes, will be also responsible to manage and archive engineering and design documentation.
Later on he will be a part of the commissioning team on site. Mid term this Automation Engineer will be part of the maintenance team of the new plant to guarantee with his knowledge a high efficiency line.
- Deliver P&ID’s together with the Mechanical Technology Engineering Managers for the different processes in RMW
- Deliver functional descriptions together with the Mechanical Technology Engineering Managers for the different processes in RMW
- Develop and define operational concepts.
- Develop and define SCADA pictures.
- Develop and define internal operation network.
- Develop and maintain engineering standards and practices, which are already within the department, update guideline documents when needed
- Deliver and verification of scope specifications / requirements with Technology Engineering Managers in order to lead the design of electrical systems and prevent scope / design changes
- Keep relationships with outside manufacturers and vendors in order to facilitate design and staying up to date with new technologies
- Validate tendering and deliver bid comparisons for several scopes.
- Validate intermediate and final as build documentation (software, operation manual)
- Archive engineering and design information, drawings, software and related reference lists for each scope package.
- Manage suppliers and their scope from automation point of view.
- Supervise the commissioning of scope packages.
- Support in problem solving of deficiencies.
- Finally improve the control systems of the whole line over a certain period, means closing the gap between process and the logic of control.
- Control of the sensitive equipment, being able to avoid a stop of the line. Act as trouble shooter in case of a line shutdown.
1st year based in Visé, Belgium, with very frequent trips to Skofia Loka, Slovenia. Ideally, the candidate could also be located in Slovenia for a few months.
Later on based in Sanem, Luxemburg
- Bachelor in automation engineering
- 5 -10 + years of experience
- Excellent English, German and French skills
- Must be able to work appropriately as an automation, be self-motivated and be able to work unsupervised as well.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as part of a team with engineering and Project managers; work within deadlines and adjust external resources as required.
- Having the ability to create and maintain a positive relationship
- Being organized in archiving documents (supported by different software tools)
- To be assertive and have self-confidence in presenting and supporting conclusions, having communication and interpersonal skills
- Be able to multi-task and prioritize work (different projects and technologies)
- Having a good knowledge of computer software tools (Siemens Automation S7/1500, WINCC, AutoCAD, MS office, …)
- Ability to be a creative thinker; willingness to try new approaches.
A challenging job in an international environment
An opportunity to develop your career
A competitive salary and fringe benefits
Apply for this job