Glass Mineral Wool
Knauf Insulation Glass Mineral Wool products offer a wide range of benefits and can be used in an equally wide range of applications.
Benefits of Glass Mineral Wool:
- Contributes to energy efficient buildings
- Contributes to the good acoustics of buildings
- Resistant to high temperatures – with our Class A products achieving the highest fire classification according to European standards; Euroclass A1
- High recycled content
- Mainly derived from naturally occurring materials
In 2009 we introduced a significant step change in mineral wool insulation through the introduction of our binder technology, ECOSE® Technology.
ECOSE® Technology was the result of five years of intensive research and testing; part of our ongoing desire to provide customers with innovative products which also meet the growing market demand for more sustainable construction materials.
As well as the usual benefits from our traditional mineral wool, Knauf Insulation mineral wool with ECOSE® Technology offers...
- No added Formaldehyde
- Low product emissions - confirmed by Eurofins Indoor Air Comfort Gold test results
- Lower embodied energy*
- Lower environmental impact*
- Softer feel*
- No artificial dyes added
*Based on customer surveys and life-cycle assessment compared to our traditional mineral wool.